SOLT & UK Theatre’s biggest annual conference, the Theatre & Touring Summit 2023 (formerly ‘Symposium’), is taking place at The Brewery, London on Monday 26 June. The event will bring together industry leaders from across the UK to highlight the issues facing the sector, and explore solutions to improve the landscape for theatre in 2023 and beyond.
The theme of this year’s Summit is ‘Developing a thriving sector’, with topics addressing current industry priorities, including cost inflation, future audiences, funding models for R&D, skills shortages, leadership support, and audience behaviour.
The diverse range of sessions, each presented by a panel of industry experts, will explore these provocations:
- ‘Mind the skills gap: how can we replenish our talent pool when the supply is running dry?’
- ‘Research & Development: co-producing new work and creating new models for working’
- ‘Crisis in Leadership – how to retain it; how to develop it’
- ‘It’s a risky business: producing shows during an economic crisis’
- ‘Arts in schools: a generation of STEM not STEAM means death for future audiences and workforce’
- ‘The burden of proof: why theatre needs solid evidence to make the case to government’
Speakers are to be announced soon, including the keynote speakers.
Designed to strengthen connections between industry peers, to promote best practice insights and to unearth practical solutions to enable our members to continue to bring high-quality theatre to wider audiences across the UK, the Summit will allow for networking time throughout the day and will be followed by a drinks reception at the Barbican Conservatory.
Book online now, with Earlybird tickets available for SOLT & UK Theatre members until 22 May, and discounted rates for members of other industry bodies.
The Summit is supported by Platinum sponsors Spektrix and Tysers in association with Ecclesiastical, Gold sponsors Theatre Tokens and Ticketsolve, Bronze sponsors Charcoalblue and Tessitura, and lanyard sponsor ShowPlanr.
To encourage an open dialogue, this year’s Summit will be held under the Chatham House Rule (meaning you may share the information you receive, but not reveal the identity of who said it). There will be a limited number of press tickets available; please email email@example.com to apply.