T Levels are the government’s flagship technical education programme, combining in-classroom learning and a substantial industry placement. Hosting industry placements will help you grow your talent pipeline, bring in new skills and attract young people to your organisation. They are one solution to addressing the skills shortages faced by theatre employers.
On 7 December 2023, SOLT and UK Theatre held a member webinar on T Levels delivered by the Department for Education. Members can access the webinar recording and slides below.
The webinar covered the following:
- What T Levels and industry placements actually are
- Why you should be hosting industry placements
- What employers need to do to prepare for and host industry placements
- The models you can use to host placements – including day release, a block placement, or mixed
- Insights and case studies from employers already offering placements including the student voice
- The government support, tools and resources available to help you through your journey