Covent Garden, London
Society of London Theatre (SOLT) is an organisation that works with and on behalf of our Members to champion theatre, promote the performing arts and strengthen the theatre community.
We are now seeking a Junior Designer to join our talented team in London and produce highly creative digital designs and artwork across a variety of brands.
- Salary of £26,000
- Work in an iconic area of London
- Develop your career in an exciting, growing sector
- Join a team who share your passion for the performing arts
If you’re experienced in digital design, this is an excellent opportunity to broaden your skills and make your mark within the theatre industry.
In this exciting role, you’ll have the chance to put your creative flair to the test and help shape the image of an organisation that has championed the performing arts since 1908.
As a Junior Designer, you will produce highly creative digital designs and artwork for a variety of brands including SOLT, UK Theatre Associations and theatres across London and the UK.
Designing clear and compelling promotions, information and artwork, you will develop and apply consumer facing branding across all SOLT and UK Theatre’s B2B and B2C brands and campaigns.
Reporting to the Senior Media and Marketing Manager, your role will also involve:
- Producing static and motion graphics for use on digital platforms including social media, websites and email marketing
- Producing print ready artwork for advertisement
- Liaising with designers to ensure that partner creative assets are on brand and on message
Interested? To be considered as a Junior Designer, you will need experience in the following:
- Working in either a client or agency studio environment for at least one year
- Creating HTML creative for mass mailing platforms such as MailChimp and IBM marketing cloud
- Creating digital advertising assets including HTML5 banners, and other web advertising formats
- Editing videos for social media in Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition
- Creating print to technical specifications for submission to publishers via Speccle (or similar) and the ability to proof, modify and amend artwork in Adobe Acrobat
You will also need:
- The ability to create engaging digital and print content using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- The ability to work within a structured set of brand guidelines in a creative manner
- Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Trainee Designer, Junior Digital Designer, Trainee Digital Designer, Junior Graphic Designer, Trainee Graphic Designer, Junior Artwork or Trainee Artworker.
This is a full time role, working 36 hours per week, 10am – 6pm.
The closing date for applications is the 11th July 2019.
Webrecruit and Society of London Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Junior Designer, please apply via Webrecruit.
The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.