Chair: Jessica Hepburn, former Executive Director of the Lyric Hammersmith and a former director of UK Theatre and the London Theatre Consortium, Jessica has since founded Fertility Fest, published two books and continues to be a trustee of theatre organisations.
Keynote Speaker: Mark Cornell, CEO of Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG), former Managing Director of Sotheby's Europe, President and Chief Executive Officer of Moet Hennessy USA and Chief Executive Officer of Krug Champagne. Mark joined ATG in 2016.
- Amanda Huxtable, Theatre Director
- Brian Hook, Hartshorn-Hook Productions
- Eddy Leviten, Director General, Alliance for Intellectual Property
- Jill Robinson, TRG Arts
- Jonathan Saville, Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall
- Kris Bryce, Pitlochry Festival Theatre
- Michele Taylor, Director for Change, Ramps on the Moon
- Neil Adleman, Partner & Head of Theatre Group, Harbottle & Lewis
- Stephanie Sirr, Nottingham Playhouse
- Steve Blake, Storm Events
- William Wallis, DCMS
Discussion sessions: Come ready to participate in a facilitated discussion on the issue. Leave committing to take practical actions to move the conversation forward*.
- What goes on tour? Developing productions to build audiences.
- Mixed messages? Welcoming audiences and managing security.
- Beyond Brexit: Opportunities for international working.
- Opportunities for local growth: Working with Local Enterprise Partnerships, tourism and local industrial strategies to unlock local innovation and growth.
- Building revenue and attendance: How do we programme to attract new audiences and develop the ones we’ve got?
- Working Culture: What’s so special about theatre’s working culture?
Knowledge sessions: Come to be inspired by the latest thinking and leave with a deeper understanding of the topic*.
- Good governance
- Know your rights
- Get the best from your team
- How to improve workforce diversity: Stage Sight
There will also be two sessions focusing on the new SOLT and UK Theatre Presenting, Producing and Touring Handbook
*The programme for the day was informed by your responses to our call for ideas survey discussions that took place at the Venues, Producers and Touring Forums across the UK between November 2018 and March 2019.