The Covid-19 crisis has created an unprecedented challenge and many of us are worried about the impact it is having on people's wellbeing and mental health. We have created this page to provide our members with tools to support themselves and their colleagues and employees.
SOLT and UK Theatre recognise the need to promote a healthy work/life balance for everyone working in the sector. Having wellbeing embedded as a core value within working cultures enables the workforce to thrive personally and professionally, develop resilience and improve productivity. The Wellbeing Programme aims to improve the mental health of the sector by collecting and analysing data, collaborating with others, sharing best practice and initiating change.
If you have ideas, links, articles or other resources that we can include on this page, please email: email@example.com.
Immediate help with your mental health
Other sources of help
- Theatre Helpline - The Theatre Helpline is a free, independent and confidential phone and email service that provides support to people working in the theatre industry. Trained staff are available to offer support and signposting on any topic which affects your wellbeing, including: Bullying or harassment, Issues with employment or unemployment, Debt and financial issues.
For the latest COVID-19 information from UK Theatre and SOLT, please visit our dedicated page. For UK Theatre and SOLT members, you can also view our latest COVID-19 updates. Here we have gathered a number of resources support people working through the lockdown.
- Theatresupport.Info - In light of the closure of many UK theatres due to the Covid-19 virus, leading theatrical charities have come together to centralise information about how and where you can access support if you work in the theatre industry.
- Theatre Means Business - There are a number of upcoming webinars covering health and wellbeing.
- Every Mind Matters - An NHS resource that provides simple tips and advice to start taking better care of your mental health. If you are still struggling after several weeks and it is affecting your daily life, please contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.
- UKNAWC - includes sections on how to lead others and look after yourself during COVID-19
- Mental Health during COVID-19 - social study, results weekly from the MARCH Network.
Working from home
Employee engagement ideas
Training courses / providers Projects
We are currently asking members for examples of good practice which will appear here as case studies. If you have one you'd like to share with members, please get in contact.
Wellbeing related blogs from UK Theatre
We regularly ask people to write blogs for us on different subjects, here are those related to access.
There are a number of awards you could enter to celebrate the work your theatre is doing, here are some of them: