Olivier Awards 2017 with Mastercard Logo
- Olivier Awards to air on ITV in primetime slot for first time
- Worldwide broadcast (ex-UK) at same time
- Radio coverage live by Magic Radio in UK and Sirius XM in USA
- First ever stream of Oliviers in China via YouKu
- New Red Carpet Live show exclusively broadcast via Facebook
- Performances in the ceremony will include: Gary Barlow & Tim Firth with the company of The Girls, Amber Riley from Dreamgirls, Tim Minchin from his musical Groundhog Day, the companies of School Of Rock The Musical, Jesus Christ Superstar and Matthew Bourne’s production of The Red Shoes
- Six-time Tony Award-winner, Audra McDonald, performs exclusively as part of the In Memoriam section
The Olivier Awards with Mastercard has announced that this year’s ceremony will be broadcast on ITV on Tuesday 11 April from 8:00pm to 10:00pm.
It will broadcast worldwide at the same time, outside the UK, on Facebook. The awards ceremony will also stream to China for the first time ever via YouKu.
Magic Radio will be broadcasting the entire show live on Sunday 9th April, hosted by Alice Arnold and Olivier Award-winner Ruthie Henshall, with build-up on air from 5:30pm. Sirius XM will broadcast the show via radio in the US.
As previously announced, a new Red Carpet Live show debuts this year from 4:30pm to 6:00pm, hosted by Anita Rani, Jamie Lambert and Frank DiLella, exclusively on Facebook.
Widely recognised as the most prestigious stage honours, this year’s Olivier Awards are set to be the biggest yet as they make their debut at the Royal Albert Hall and will be hosted by Jason Manford, one of the country's finest comics.
Julian Bird, Executive Producer of the Olivier Awards and Chief Executive of Society of London Theatre, said:
“ITV is the perfect home to theatre’s biggest night and together we have seen the ceremony grow each year. The Olivier Awards are a celebration of the very best of London theatre, and we’re delighted that this year’s ceremony will be broadcast in primetime on ITV in the United Kingdom and across the world via Facebook.”
There will be performances from a variety of Olivier nominated musicals. Gary Barlow and Tim Firth will open the show with a unique performance with the cast of The Girls. American star Amber Riley will perform the show-stopping And I Am Telling You from Dreamgirls. Tim Minchin will be flying in to represent Groundhog Day which has recently begun previewing on Broadway. Fans of Andrew Lloyd Webber will be treated to a fabulous performance from the multi-talented cast of School Of Rock The Musical and a performance from Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre’s acclaimed production of Jesus Christ Superstar, which is set to return this summer.
Additionally, there will be an exclusive performance from Matthew Bourne’s production of The Red Shoes, nominated for Best Entertainment and Family - the production is currently on tour across the UK. Broadway legend and six-time Tony Award-winner, Audra McDonald, will perform accompanied by the Olivier Awards’ orchestra during the show’s In Memoriam section.
The many guest presenters for the awards will be announced over the coming weeks.
To keep up with the latest Olivier Awards 2017 with Mastercard news and to view this year’s nominations visit:
Date Published: 05 May 2017