£20-£25k depending on skills and experience
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Creative Learning & Community Partnerships is a dynamic department which delivers a high quality programme of award winning cultural education which is locally driven, with national significance!
Sunderland Empire is a spectacular grade two listed large scale receiving house venue, hosting a vibrant programme featuring touring theatre such as Disney’s Lion King and National Theatre's War Horse, as well as comedy, music and community performances.
The team are embarking on a new invigorated strategy, which is driven by focus on IMPACT, INNOVATION & COMMUNICATION.
The Creative Learning & Community Partnerships Manager will lead Sunderland Creative Learning in high profile strategic audience development projects, exciting and complex partnership ventures, and a long term sustained programme for a diverse range of local participants.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• One or both of the following: educated to degree level or alternative, substantial relevant experience
• At least three years’ experience of producing and delivering relevant Cultural Education programmes
• Proven team management and partnership working experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Experience of project management, including excellent finance management, and strong development experience including successful fundraising campaigns.
• Experience in collating information for monitoring and evaluation of funded projects, and general internal evaluation and reporting, including creation of case studies.
• Previous history of working within or in partnership with theatre, dance or theatre in education companies
• In depth understanding of safeguarding best practice including knowledge of the appropriate child protection legislation and DBS procedures
• Knowledge of key policy and agenda as pertinent to the cultural and education sectors
• Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft Office applications
• Experience of working with a broad cross section of communities including learners & audience members with additional needs.
• Understanding of marketing & press and its role within Creative Learning
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good contacts in culture, education and community partnerships contexts
• Good knowledge of drama, dance and theatre genres
• Experience in recruiting arts workers and practitioners
• Knowledge of GDPR in the context of Creative Learning
We intend to hold interviews at the Sunderland Empire in the week commencing 2nd July.
Please note that all appointments will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment check including references and a Disclosure and Barring Check.
ATG is an equal opportunities employer.