Soho Theatre, London’s most vibrant venue for new theatre, comedy and cabaret is looking for a Sales & Box Office Coordinator. Someone who is fun, energetic and engaging. Someone who already has some experience and wants to develop that into a career in arts management. Someone who can help run the Sales & Box Office team, promoting the venue, its many shows, events and vision.
In conjunction with the Sales & Box Office Manager to be responsible for the effective management of Box Office and for ensuring that the Box Office is efficient; leading on setting excellent standards of customer service and experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a permanent contract.
- £21,000 - £23,000 per annum depending on experience
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after one
year of continuous service.
- 40 hours per week. Daytime, evening and occasional weekends will
be required. There are no overtime payments but TOIL is negotiable
with your line manager.
- Complimentary tickets for Soho productions
- Bicycle and/or Season Ticket loan scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff Discount at the Soho Theatre Bar
• Aide the implementation and monitoring of sales initiatives, demonstrating best practice in the pursuit of motivating staff and meeting sales targets.
• Proactively monitor daily ticket and digital content sales.
• Contribute to the amassing of meaningful insight into audience behaviour, and provide recommendations of ways this can be interpreted to maximise revenue and increase audience attendance for Soho Theatre’s programmes of work.
• With the Sales & Box Office Manager, be part of the delivery of strategies, developing relationships with organisations to encourage repeat attendance and group bookings.
• Proactively monitor and promote membership sales to ensure annual targets are met.
• In conjunction with Deputy Sales & Box Office Manager be responsible for preparing the monthly rota for Box Office personnel, for approval by the Sales & Box Office Manager.
• Be responsible for Box Office payroll administration on a weekly basis, for approval by the Sales & Box Office Manager.
• Deputise for the Sales & Box Office Manager when they are on annual leave.
In Conjunction with the Sales & Box Office Manager
• Manage the box office functions for Soho Theatre.
• Ensure that all performance and other events are created on the box office system and are on sale at the appropriate time.
• Providing regular briefings for all Box Office personnel on system updates and procedures and ensuring that all relevant information is on the ticketing system.
• Liaise with all producers and incoming companies on all their ticketing-related matters. Establishing and maintaining relationships with ticketing services clients, overseeing set ups and providing within the company on all matters relating to the box office.
STAFF MANAGEMENT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
• With the Sales & Box Office Manager, be responsible for the training, monitoring and line management of all Box Office personnel.
• To assist in the recruitment of the Box Office team.
• Ensure that the Box Office team is kept fully informed about Soho Theatre’s activities and programme, to deliver the best standards of Box Office, Reception and Stage Door services for all Soho Theatre departments.
• Ensure that all Box Office personnel are providing the highest standards of customer service to every visitor to the building.
• Working with the Operations Manager, ensure that the customer journey experience is consistently welcoming, efficient and professional, ensuring full co-operation and liaison between operational departments during performance times.
• Assist in undertaking any in-house training on the ticketing system, including regular briefings for all Box Office staff on updates and procedures.
• Ensure that all Box Office staff are aware of and fully comply with Soho Theatre’s policies and licensing requirements, including the health & safety policy and fire policy.
• Assist in managing the relationship with the ticketing system provider and – any other ticket agencies which the company may use from time to time.
• Assist with general housekeeping on the Box Office system; to ensure the accuracy of the data inputted and to ensure that the theatre’s ticketing database is properly maintained.
• As part of senior Box Office Team, ensure that the Company is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation.
• Generate regular financial, sales and other reports as required.
• Reconcile all Box Office banking and liaise with the Finance Manager on matters relating to the reconciliation of the banking and sales.
• Support the aims and objectives of Soho Theatre, both internally and externally.
• Attend Operations meetings and other internal meetings as required.
• Uphold the company’s equal opportunities, access and diversity policies.
• Be a key-holder for the building.
• Answer phones as part of the general Administration Line, taking responsibility to be fully aware of the theatre’s activities and programme of events at all times
• Any other duties the Sales & Box Office Manager and Operations Manager may reasonably require
• Work closely with the Customer Services Manager, Bar Supervisors and Duty Technician to ensure the smooth running of the building during show times.
• Box Office supervision, in a customer-facing role (essential)
• Working with Spektrix or another cloud-based ticketing system (desirable)
• Working in a sales environment (desirable)
• People management and staff training, particularly in ticketing systems and procedures
• High level of computer literacy
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work to deadlines, and remain focussed under pressure
• Sound knowledge of box office procedures
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Flexible attitude and approach to work and working hours
• An interest in and enthusiasm for theatre, comedy and the arts
• Friendly, efficient and helpful attitude
• Ability to work in a fast paced, energetic and demanding environment
• Excellent communicator with the ability to engage with a wide range of personalities and backgrounds
• Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with promoters and artists
• Highly organised and self-motivating
• An interest in new writing and ambitious approaches to theatre
• Friendly and approachable
• A genuine understanding and support of Soho Theatre’s artistic vision
Please send your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org with SBOC2018 in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted with:
- A completed Application form
- A completed Equal opportunities form
Closing date: Friday 19 January 2018, 12noon.